NFL Picks: It’s Week 1 in the NFL and for “entertainment purposes only” we’ll roll out a couple of selections and see how it goes. Each week we will release a few picks or perhaps only one or none depending on what we see. Let’s see how it goes.
Two for this week:
Jacksonville Jaguars +5.5
- Temps should hover around 92-93 on Sunday with very high humidity. Of course the Packers know about this and have been preparing, but nothing compares to actually playing a full game in that heat and humidity. Major potential edge to the Jaguars.
- Green Bay plays Minnesota next week. Jacksonville has a division foe as well to look ahead to but this is their home opener. It’s possible the Pack look ahead to that Minnesota matchup.
- Green Bay is missing some key people on the offensive line. Jacksonville has a solid D line.
- Taking the +5.5 and looking for the Jags to hang around and melt the Pack down in the heat and humidity
NFL TICKETS: http://www.seatsforeveryone.com/Sports/Football/NFL
Giants/Cowboys Over 46.5
- Feel the new Dallas QB can do enough to test a shaky Gmen D and think the rookie RB for Dallas is very legit
- Giants made moves on defense in the offseason but still have a lot to prove. It’s entirely possible the Defense is still a little shaky. In particular the Giants did not necessarily upgrade their ability to cover receivers.
- Last year and the preseason exposed major issues for the Giants on the offensive line. This could lead to them playing from behind and turnovers – both of those can support a higher scoring game.
- New York Giants yielded the most yards/game on defense in the entire NFL in 2015, Cowboys were about middle of the pack