NFL Picks: It’s Week 3 in the NFL and for “entertainment purposes only” we’ll roll out a couple more that caught our eye. Last week we were spot on with a decent Titans team catching six points versus a very overhyped and overrated Lions squad. We made a serious mistake with the Raiders. We knew the defense was suspect but we failed to properly account for the impact of the injuries on the offensive line. On to Week 3! Good luck!
Week 1: 1-1
Week 2: 1-1
Two for this week:
- It seems like the whole world is playing the Buffalo Bills here in this spot because “Rex will have them ready” and “At home and backs against the wall Rex will come up with a great game plan”
- We are fading this logic because quite frankly Rex has proven the opposite. The defense has gotten progressively worse since the Rex arrival and in Week 2 the Jets torched this Bills defense for 37 points. We also see this Bills team consistently get too many penalties and not show up with a top effort.
- The Bills lost to a very modest Baltimore team and then gave up a ton of offense to the Jets. The Cardinals lost a game they should have won versus New England and then crushed the Bucs at home last week.
- Yes, this is a West Coast team playing a 1PM game on the East Coast and that can be an issue. We view it differently. Last Week was an “easy” game for the Cards that didn’t sap their energy and the team is still pissed off about Week 1. This team wants that #1 seed in the NFC and we don’t expect them to be overlooking this Bills team.
- The talent disparity is significant here. The Bills also have a gimpy Sammy Watkins facing some solid talent on that Arizona defense.
NFL TICKETS: http://www.seatsforeveryone.com/Sports/Football/NFL
San Diego Chargers +2.5
- This play is our fading a weak and vulnerable team and rolling with an offense that is on fire. The Colts are not a very good football team. On top of that the Colts have multiple significant injury issues this week.
- However, we see a potential scenario where the Colts are feeling sorry for themselves and thinking they “should have won” their two games so far this season. This Colts defense stinks and they have been gashed for major yardage on the ground this year.
- The Chargers are arguably the hottest and most explosive offense in football right now. They were on cruise control last week crushing the Jags in San Diego and come in here this week fresh and ready to go.
- Indy is without starting WR Donte Montcrief which means a gimpy TY Hilton will face even more pressure. QB Andrew Luck has a bad shoulder and is frustrated and vulnerable to turnovers. With fewer options this week it’s possible his frustration grows even more and impacts his decisions.