Position: Player Development Data Apprentice
The Texas Rangers are seeking multiple apprentices in Player Development. Each Apprentice will work full-time with one of the Rangers’ minor league affiliates and report to the Systems Integration Coordinator. Apprentices will operate as an extension of the coaching staff and be a resource for both players and coaches. Apprentices are expected to manage the collection and application of data and technology at their respective affiliate. Apprentices will gain experience across multiple areas of Baseball Operations.
- Set up and operate bat/ball tracking technology and baseball technology.
- Assist with high frame rate video captures of hitters and pitchers.
- Manage data and collection process and assist with interpretation and upload.
- Collaborate with coaching staff and player development staff to monitor player goals and player progress.
- Conduct research and analysis, both at the request of staff and independently.
- Use internal system tools to assist.
- Communicate research in simple and concise manner to Minor League coaches, players, and Player Development staff.
- Support field staff with on-field responsibilities.
- Support field staff and players with coach education and various administrative tasks.
- Support Strength and Conditioning and Athletic Training staff to provide assistance and application to their fields from your findings.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated passion and understanding for biomechanics, pitching or hitting analysis or sports science.
- Spanish speaking a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work seamlessly in teams.
- Working knowledge of advanced baseball statistics and publicly available research.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
This position is paid.
Please email [email protected] with the subject “PD, Data Apprentice” and include a resume to apply.
The content in this posting was created and provided solely by the Texas Rangers.
Please support FanGraphs by becoming a member. We publish thousands of articles a year, host multiple podcasts, and have an ever growing database of baseball stats.
FanGraphs does not have a paywall. With your membership, we can continue to offer the content you’ve come to rely on and add to our unique baseball coverage.