Position: Advance Information Assistant
Location: Boston, MA; Travel is required with the Major League team
The Boston Red Sox are seeking an Assistant to support the Major League coaching staff while working closely with the Major League Hitting Coach and baserunning coach, Analyst in Baseball Analytics, and their Advance Information department.
- Effectively present analyses through the use of written reports and data visualization to disseminate insights to members of the Major League coaching staff.
- Travel with the Major League team throughout the season, including to Boston’s spring training facility. During the offseason this position will be based in Boston working with Baseball Analytics.
- Other projects and related duties as directed by the Major League Hitting Coach, Analyst in Baseball Analytics, and other members of Baseball Operations leadership.
- Demonstrated understanding of baseball data analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical ideas to non-technical audiences using data visualization.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Attention to detail while also having the ability to work quickly and balance multiple priorities.
- Ability to work evening, weekend, and holiday hours is a must.
- Other programming and database skills are a plus.
To apply, please fill out the requested information here. Under “additional information,” please answer the following question:
- What is a project that you believe would add substantial value to a baseball team? Please describe the project and provide an overview of how you would complete it.
The content in this posting was created and provided solely by the Boston Red Sox.